1 mango, peeled and sliced into
1 carrots, cut into small
1 cucumber, cut into small
green onion chopped finely
1 red chile pepper, chopped*
juice of 1 lime
1/ 2 cup roasted peanuts or
* I pop the above 3 items through a food processor on grate -- works fine
Green Cashew Sauce
3/4 cup parsley
1/2 cup fresh basil
3/4 cups roasted cashews
1/3 cup coconut milk, plus more if needed
juice of 2 limes
1 teaspoon thai red curry paste
2-4 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
1 pound ground pork sausage & spicy sausage - casings removed (mixture)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 head butter lettuce
1/2 cup sweet thai chili sauce, for dipping
- Mango Slaw: In a bowl, combine the mangos, carrots, cucumbers, green onion, red chili pepper and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Toss well. Store in the fridge until ready to serv. Toss in the nuts just before serving.
- Green Cashew Sauce: Add the parsley, basil, cashews, coconut milk, lime juice, thai red curry paste and sweet thai chile sauce to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust as needed, adding more sweet thai chile sauce if desired.
- Can be store in the fridge for 1 week.
- Meatballs: Season the pork with salt and pepper and then roll into 20-30 tablespoon size meatballs.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce and honey.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the meatballs until cooked through, about 5 minutes, turning them 2-3 times throughout cooking.
- During the last minute or so of cooking, add the sauce and give the meatballs a good toss through the sauce.
- Cook another minute longer you until the sauce glazes the meatballs.
- Remove from the heat.
- To serve, put 2 lettuce leaves on each of your plates and divide the meatballs among the leaves.
- Top with mango salad and the cashew sauce.