1 pound boneless, skinless
3 tablespoons taco or fajita
1 onion chopped
2-3 bell peppers chopped
1 hot pepper cleaned and
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 (10-oz) can Diced Tomatoes
3 cups uncooked penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with half of taco seasoning.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, carefully add the chicken in a single layer and cook without stirring until one side is seared and browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the chicken to the other side and cook until browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet with the heat still on high.
- When the oil is very hot again, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining taco seasoning.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly blackened.
- Turn heat to low, add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, cream, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, and salt.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes.