juice from one fresh squeezed
16 oz cream cheese, softened
to room temp
1/4 icing sugar
3/4 cup pecans, coarsely
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Add the cream cheese, orange juice, dried cranberries and icing sugar to a food processor. Blend until all is creamed together.
- Place onto a sheet of wax paper or saran wrap and shape in a ball (or 2 balls) the best you can.
- Wrap entirely and let it sit overnight to stiffen up a bit. You can shape it better the next day when it is a little harder.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat add the chopped pecans and brown sugar and mix well stirring frequently. About 3-5 minutes. Do not let the pecans burn!
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper and place pecans on the sheet spreading them out. Let them cool.
- You can keep the candied pecans in a jar with a tightly fitted top.
- When you are ready to eat the cheese ball(s) take it out of the fridge and shape better. Grab a handful of pecans and place them all over the cheese ball till covered. Place cheese ball on a plate and serve!
- CheeseBalls without pecan covering can be kept in the freezer for several weeks.