1/2 lb chorizo or other sausage
(or all ground beef)
1 onion, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
2 cups fresh spinach, torn in to
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ºF.
- Brown ground beef and sausage together in skillet.
- Add onion and pepper.
- When meat is almost browned, add mushrooms and spinach.
- Allow mixture to cool. (I usually do this part the day before, put everything in the fridge and do the rest just before meal time.)
- Beat eggs with salt and baking powder. Beat in coconut flour on low speed until it is all blended.
- Add beef mixture, stir well.
- Lightly oil cake pan with coconut oil, fill and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Baking time also depends on what size cake pan you used. Obviously, a 13 x 8 pan will cook faster than an 8 x 8. The 45 minutes is based on the larger pan.