Green Onion, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup chopped zucchini
½ cup chopped yellow squash
½ jalapeno pepper, seeds &
membranes removed, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp oregano
1 tomato, chopped
¼ - ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
Juice of ½ lime
4 corn tortillas
¼ cup hard crumbly or grated
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ½ teaspoon olive oil, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, jalapeno, and oregano. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat the corn tortillas, in a single layer on a paper towel in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Divide the vegetables evenly between the corn tortillas, and top with cheese.
- Note: I'll often make the vegetable part early in the day and then refrigerate. When it's time to eat, I'll place my tortillas on a plate, add a spoonful or so of the vegetables and then a sprinkling of cheese. After that I'll microwave for 1 - 2 minutes. You end up having to eat everything with a knife and fork, but I'd rather do that anyways.¯\_(ツ)_/¯