2 garlic cloves
½ inch fresh ginger, peeled
¼ cup fresh herbs (mint, parsley, and/or chives)
6 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
(i.e. not melted)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Zest of 1 lemon, plus 4 wedges
4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small food processor or blender, pulse the almonds, garlic, ginger, and herbs until finely ground. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the coconut oil, soy sauce, and lemon zest.
- Arrange 4 pieces of parchment paper, a little less than the length of a baking sheet, on a clean work surface. Fold each piece of paper in half, length wide.
- Making each packet one at a time, unfold your piece of parchment paper and arrange the salmon on half of the parchment paper. Season with salt and smear with ¼ of the almond crust. Fold the top half of the paper over the salmon and fold the edges, origami-style, until the packet is sealed. It will look kind of like an empanada. Make sure your folded edges have clean creases.
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Service with lemon wedges on the side