3/4 cup soy sauce, reduced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger,
minced, smashed, or in
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 yellow onion
1-2 lbs. boneless skinless
1/4 cup flour
a generous pinch of salt and
a generous pinch of chili
1 tablespoon oil
2-3 cups frozen or fresh
sesame seeds, green onions,
or limes for topping
cooked rice for serving
- Get your rice cooking!
- In a food processor blend the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Continue to blend until very, very smooth. Set aside.
- Dice the onion. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder in a shallow dish and dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture to get a light coating.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large pan.
- Add the onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes until browned.
- Add the sauce and the broth - watch for splatter (!) and adding more broth if needed to thin out the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the mango chunks, stir, and cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice topped with sesame seeds, green onions, lime juice, or anything else that strikes your fancy.