1 lb ground beef
16 (+ or -) oz. pizza sauce
purchased or home-made
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 clove garlic chopped
1 medium bell pepper diced
1 medium onion diced
1-1/2 cups mushroom pieces
1 can sliced black olives
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg pepperoni sliced
12 oz package of shredded
1 c water
1 Tbsp oregano, dried
1 can diced tomatoes
hot pepper or pepper flakes as desired
- Prepare the pasta as directed remembering to salt the water while boiling. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl
- In a large deep skillet brown the ground beef drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat put in the olive oil and lightly saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper until a little tender.
- Add the sauce*, diced tomatoes, ground beef, Italian seasoning, and the water. Stir together and let simmer about 5 min.
- Pour over macaroni and then add the mushrooms and black olives.
- Stir all ingredients together pour in a 9x13 deep dish pan.
- Cover the top of casserole with the shredded cheese then layer the pepperoni across the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Pepperoni and cheese should look like a pizza when ready.