1 cup cooked brown or white rice
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Pinch salt & sugar
For the Dressing:
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons wasabi paste, to taste
For the Bowls:
1 cup Sesame Rice
1/2 cup diced cucumber (about 1/2 medium, peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
1 medium avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup diced or julienned carrots (about 1 medium)
1/3 cup peas
Cooked diced chicken
Shredded Cheese (your choice)
Creamy Sesame-Wasabi Dressing, to taste
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, stir together the rice, vinegar, sesame seeds, salt, and sugar.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl. Stir briskly with a whisk until combined and creamy. If the dressing is too thick, add a bit more olive oil to thin it out.
- To assemble rice bowl, place the rice in the bowl. Top with cucumbers, carrots, and avocado.
- You may add shredded cheese of your choice at this point if desired.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve room temperature.