scissored into small pieces
3/4 cup fresh herbs (basil and
parsley and what-have-
16 ounces raw salmon, skin
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced herbs*
taken from the cup above,
plus some of the scissored
1/8 cup oil
1 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- Mince the chives and herbs.
- Set aside two tablespoons of the herbs & some of the chives for later*.
- Saute the remaining chives and herbs in a little olive oil over medium high heat for a few minutes to remove the bite.
- Pulse the salmon, together with the sauted herbs, cooked quinoa, eggs, lemon juice, and salt & pepper briefly in a food processor until well mixed.
- Shape the mixture into four patties.
- Here I like to put the patties, on top of waxed paper and into the freezer for a bit, just to firm them up.
- Heat a small drizzle of oil or Pam in skillet over medium high heat. Fry the patties flipping from time to to time. They should be golden brown on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Place all the other ingredients (minced herbs & chives, oil, lemon juice, salt, honey, and yogurt) in a jar and shake until combined
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce & tomato, a bit of mayo, & a smear or two of the above jar's contents.
- Alternatively, you could serve the burger patties on a small salad, using the jar's contents as the salad's dressing.