1 pound of shrimp, peeled & deveined
½ cup of onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
⅓ cup of white wine
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons of butter
salt & pepper
juice of 1 lemon
⅓ cup of fresh basil, chopped
4 smallish zucchini, made into noodles*
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the shrimp.
- Immediately season shrimp with ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Saute each side for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn opaque in color.
- Remove shrimp from the pan.
- Into the same skillet the shrimp were in add onions, saute from 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Next add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, immediately add white wine to deglaze and incorporate all the goodness off the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, cover skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes start to get somewhat soft.
- Add shrimp back to the pan, butter, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and basil. Stir until butter melts.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then zucchini noodles.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, and remove.
- Add noodles to the shrimp mixture, toss to coat and serve!
*Note: I've been told that there is such a thing as a zucchini noodler, although I've never seen one myself. I just cut the zucchini into long thin strips. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯