1 regular can of white beans, rinsed and
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 or 3 heaping tablespoons roughly
chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
3 teaspoons flour
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Big pinch Chili powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crack egg into a large bowl and beat well.
- Add the beans and, using a potato masher, mash them together with the egg until relatively smooth but with some chunks remaining.
- Fold in the cooked quinoa.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Roll small handfuls of the batter into balls a little smaller than the size of a golf ball and press them down to form a patty about 3 inches in diameter.
- Note: If you're having trouble getting your burgers to adhere, add another egg and mix to combine or add a small amount of flour, just a little at a time, if the mixture is too wet.
- Grease a pan and heat over medium. Cook the patties about 3 minutes a side, until golden brown.