1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 regular bottle of regular cola
3/4 cup cherry preserves
juice squeezed from 2 largish oranges
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Trim rind and excess fat from the ham, leaving a 1/4 inch thick layer of fat.
- With a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice.
- Pour the cola into the pan and bake uncovered total time about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Bast every 15 minutes with the pan juices.
- Once the ham is in the oven, in a medium saucepan, combine the cherry jam, orange juice and cook over medium meat until everything is melted and combined.
- Remove the ham from the oven and brush the top and sides with the cherry glaze.
- Return the ham to the oven and bake, brushing with pan juices and glaze every 15 minutes.
- Tent the ham with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the ham from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.