2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/3 cup toasted & crushed hazelnuts*
1/3 cup dried cranberries
and a few pinches of coarse sea salt
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips together with coconut oil & maple syrup until smooth
- Spread in a thin layer on the parchment paper, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Sprinkle the chocolate evenly with hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Grab a good pinch of course salt and sprinkle it evenly all over.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Remove from freezer and peel the parchment paper away from the bark.
- Break into pieces while still frozen.
- Store in an airtight container or in the fridge
* To toast hazelnuts, place on an ungreased pan, in a single layer, and then into a 350 F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and then wrap nuts in towel for about 1 minute to allow them to steam. They'll still be quite hot, but rub the towel encased nuts a bit and that'll get off most of the hazelnut's covering. Then separate the nuts from the covering -- don't worry about the bits of covering that are still left on the nuts. You'll want to crush the hazelnuts somewhat before adding to the above recipe.