1 large egg
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
1 cup finely chopped olives
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Defrost the puff pastry according to the package directions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about 1/16 inch thick. The size of the pastry will depend on the brand you use, but you will likely have a rectangle about 12x30 inches.
- Whisk together the egg with about 1 teaspoon of water and lightly brush onto the pastry.
- On one half of the dough, working cross-wise, sprinkle the parmesan, cheddar, olives and thyme.
- Gently fold over the other half of the dough and lightly press with the rolling pin.
- Using a floured pizza cutter or knife, cut the edges so you have an even rectangle.
- Cut even strips and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, twisting if you wish.
- Refrigerate the dough while you preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then gently turn the straws over, and bake for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Once cooled, the straws may be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.