one sachet yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
10 1/2 oz flour
1 oz oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp+ pitted black olives
4 canned artichokes
2 tbsp basil pesto
1+ tsp olive oil
oregano to taste
1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 egg yolk
- Mix the yeast with lukewarm milk and sugar in a large bowl until it has completely dissolved.
- Stir in flour, oil and salt.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a food processor add all the filling ingredients and process until you have a slightly chunky, spreadable mixture.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle approximately 16 x 8 inches.
- Spread the filling on top leaving a little space on all the edges.
- Roll into long tube - somewhat like cinnamon rolls.
- Cut your tube to fit on a parchment lined baking pan, putting pieces tightly beside each other.
- Cut dough diagonally into 45 degree angles and gently pull the angles apart a bit.
- Let rest again for an additional 15 minutes.
- Brush top of the dough with yolk.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees in a preheated oven.