10 1/2 oz. oven roasted brussels sprout
or broccoli florets
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 large leaves kale, stems removed
1 cup roasted walnuts or pecan nuts
1 handful pomegranate seeds or
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon type mustard
1 tbsp quality honey
2-3 tbsp lemon juice, to taste
a pinch sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts, remove the outer leaf, cut off the end and slice them in halves OR cut your broccoli into bite size florets.
- Place your vegetable in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until soft and with golden and crispy edges.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packaging.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Chop the kale coarsely and place in a salad bowl, pour over the dressing and use your hands to massage the leaves, making sure every single kale leaf is covered in dressing.
- Add the cooked quinoa and toss to combine. Then add cut up orange, walnuts, pomegranate seeds/dried cranberries and vegetable.