2 cups chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped squash
1/2 medium red onion, sliced into strips
1 regular can of garbanzo beans, drained
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
a few pinches of red pepper flakes
a few leaves of basil, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Arrange the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, onions and garbanzo beans on a baking sheet (it’s ok if it’s a little crowded).
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Toss to coat, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven. (Still on the baking sheet), drizzle the vinegar over the veggies and toss them with the minced garlic and a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer (or broil 1-2 minutes)… until the veggies are golden brown on the edges but still have somewhat of a bite (you don’t want them completely mushy).
- Remove from the oven and toss with sliced basil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil, if you like.