200 gr. Mascarpone
1 small container fresh mushrooms
8 slices of ham
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
Salt & pepper
Freshly grated orange peel
1/2 cup, plus a splash of Brandy
- Open the chicken breasts, place in plastic bag and smash with a wooden hammer (or what-have-you?) until flatter.
- Place each smashed breast on sheet of waxed paper (this is mostly to keep your counter cleaner).
- Spread with salt & orange peel & other spices (what-have-you?).
- Arrange 2 slices of ham on each smashed chicken breast.
- In a frying pan, brown crushed garlic and 3 tablespoons of oil. When it begins to fry, add the sliced mushrooms directly.
- Heat the mascarpone cheese in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Blend mushrooms with a splash of brandy and add the mascarpone cheese.
- Add salt and pepper, chopped parsley and mix.
- Preheat oven to 210 °C.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone cream and mushrooms on each smashed chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Roll the breast to form a roll.
- Tie with kitchen string and arrange on a platter with a little oil.
- Add half a glass of brandy and juice from orange used for peel.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Wait ten minutes and let the whole thing rest. Sprinkle with a bit more paprika if necessary for appearance.
- You may make a gravy with the sauce left from the chicken or discard.
- Prepare a bed of raw baby spinach.
- Place each roll on bed.