Sleeve of honey graham crackers
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup evaporated milk or cream/milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Set on a baking sheet and roast until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Halve and scoop out the potato with a spoon, discarding the skin. Transfer the potato to a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Reduce the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the graham crackers and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Process into coarse crumbs and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and pour into the crumb mixture; mix until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pie dish and press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons of the flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger and whisk until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the pie bakes, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, oats, and pecan halves.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture holds clumps when pressed.
- Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the top with the oat mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake until the filling is set and the top is browned, an additional 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.