olives - drained
1/3 cup of olive oil*
Pepper to taste
All the following ingredients
are optional -- use any or
3 large sun dried tomato halves
1 tsp. chopped garlic - jar or
1 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs -
including parsley, sage or
1 tbsp. capers - drained
1 whole anchovy from can
1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
2 French rolls - 6 inch size or just 1/2 loaf - sliced.
2 - 4 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients you have on hand and blender, or food process, until finely chopped.
- You can prepare way ahead and store in the refrigerator.
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Drizzle bread slices with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toast in oven or toaster oven for about 7 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- Spread paste on Crostinis just prior to serving.
*Ok to use less olive oil