1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup diced leftover turkey
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup panko
oil to deep fry (I like Coconut
cranberry sauce, to serve if
- In a bowl, add the stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Scoop out about a golf ball size shape (smaller), compacting as you go and lay out on a piece of wax paper or pan.
- Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes. One with flour, one with a lightly beaten egg, and one with panko.
- Working gently, with one egg at a time, dip the croquettes into flour, shaking off excess, then coat in egg wash. Roll in panko to coat.
- In a deep sided, heavy bottomed pot, heat up 1-2 inches of oil over medium heat until it reaches 375°F.
- Gently place the croquettes in the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd, flatten slightly with fork and turn occasionally until the breading is golden brown and crisp, 5–6 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy hot with cranberry sauce.