1 tablespoon olive oil
6 spicy sausage without casings
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 leeks (white and light green
parts only) or several green
onions, cleaned and finely
15 asparagus spears, roughly
1/2 cup spring peas, roughly
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red chili
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
salt and black pepper
4 bell peppers, assorted colors
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook & crumble your spicy sausage, without casings, and remove from pan.
- Add olive oil in your saute pan if necessary.
- Add the garlic and leeks/green onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Next, add the asparagus, artichoke hearts and peas.
- Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked spicy sausage, and sauteed vegetables. Mix with a fork until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the feta cheese and fresh parsley. Taste the filling and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting them lengthwise and removing the stem, seeds, and ribs. Stuff the rice/sausage/veggie mixture into the peppers. It may dome above the rim of the peppera.
- Bake them for 25 to 30 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.