1 cup dried cranberries
8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 - 6 cups mixed greens
arils from one pomegranate
Balsamic Fig Dressing
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fig preserves or crush 5 figs as a substitute
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add walnuts to the baking sheet.
- Toss the walnuts with the maple syrup, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, stirring 2-3 time throughout cooking until the walnuts are toasted and golden. Allow to cool.
- Add the greens to a large salad bowl. Add the pomegranate arils and the cranberries. Add the cooled walnuts and gently toss the salad. Add the goat cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fig(s) [preserves] and salt until combined.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss.