Friday, 22 July 2011

I Get By with a LIttle Help from my Friends

I get by with a little help from my friends. ~ John Lennon #lyrics

No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. ~ Alice Walker #quote

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them. ~ Samuel Butler #quote

Never exaggerate your faults. Your friends will attend to that. ~ Robert C. Edwards #quote

Trouble is a sieve through which we sift all our acquaintances. Those too big to go through are our real friends. ~ Yaniv Loran #quote

If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. ~ E.M. Forster #quote

The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for. ~ Homer #quote

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard #quote

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend ~ Albert Camus #quote

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. ~ Stephen King #quote

Misfortune shows those who are not really friends. ~ Aristotle #quote

If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies. ~ Moshe Dayan #quote

There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. ~ Charles Dickens #quote

The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to. ~ Carl Sandburg #quote

Books are the quietest...most constant of friends...the most accessible & wisest of counselors & the most patient of teachers. ~ C.W. Eliot #quote

You never know who's going to become your friend. Friends are always chance meetings. ~ Steve Guttenberg #quote

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~ Paul Sweeney #quote

An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretended friend is worse. ~ John Gay #quote

To find a friend one must close one eye - to keep him, two. ~ Norman Douglas #quote

You got nothing to lose. You don't lose when you lose fake friends. ~ Joan Jett #quote

You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks. ~ Eskimo #Proverb

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~ Author Unknown #quote

The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it. ~ Doug Larson #quote

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche #quote

A friend you have to buy won't be worth what you pay for him. ~ George Dennison Prentice #quote

Certain flaws are necessary for the whole. It would seem strange if old friends lacked certain quirks. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe #quote

I shall tell you a great secret my friend. Do not wait for the last judgement, it takes place every day. ~ Albert Camus #quote

Friends are not made, but recognized. ~ Carl Rakosi #quote

Hello darkness, my old friend / I’ve come to talk with you again ~ Simon & Garfunkel #lyrics

Friendless: Having no favors to bestow. Destitute of fortune. Addicted to utterance of truth and common sense. ~ Ambrose Bierce #quote

If you want to keep something concealed from your enemy, don't disclose it to your friend. ~ Solomon Ibn Gabirol #quote

I have lost friends, some by death...others by sheer inability to cross the street. ~ Virginia Woolf #quote

Chaos is a friend of mine. ~ Bob Dylan #quote