Friday, 8 February 2013

Be Careful What You Pretend To Be

Stone Bench in Cuenca Ecuador (Recently all replaced with Wood)

Large Tree Stump
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. ~ Oscar Levant #quote

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. ~ Jim Fiebig #quote

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. ~ Jack London #quote



Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke #quote

Love your country, but never trust its government. ~ Robert Heinlein #quote

One impulse from a vernal wood / May teach you more of man / Of moral evil and of good / Than all the sages can. ~ William Wordsworth #quote

Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be. ~ Kurt Vonnegut #quote


Lord, what fools these mortals be. ~ William Shakespeare #quote

Toto? I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... ~ Dorothy (Judy Garland), The Wizard of Oz #linesfrommovies

When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing. ~ Tom Robbins #quote

Force may make hypocrites, but it can never make converts ~ William Penn #quote


Cuenca's (Ecuador) City Symbol



I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. ~ T. S. Eliot #quote

A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for. ~ W. Shedd #quote

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~ H D Thoreau #quote

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. ~ Carl Jung #quote
Embroidery Machine

Ancient Oven in Ancient Church




You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. ~ John Morley #quote

I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it. ~ Maya Angelou #quote

Minds, like parachutes, only function when they are open. ~ Thomas Dewar #quote

My dear fellow, who will let you? That's not the point. The point is, who will stop me? ~ Ayn Rand #quote

Drugs are a bet with your mind. ~ Jim Morrison #quote



For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. ~ Virginia Woolf #quote

Nothing noble is done without risk. ~ Andréide #quote

But he that dares not grasp the thorn / Should never crave the rose. ~ Anne Bronte #quote









I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born. ~ Henry David Thoreau #quote

To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful. ~ Robert Heinlein #quote

Toleration is the best religion. ~ Victor Hugo #quote

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. ~ Andy Warhol #quote






Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive. ~ George Bernard Shaw #quote

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. ~ Voltaire #quote


Sculpture of Skull
Ship of fools on a cruel sea / ship of fools sail away from me. ~ Grateful Dead #lyrics

Your battles inspired me - not the obvious material battles but those that were fought & won behind your forehead ~ James Joyce #quote

I see troubles on the way / I see earthquakes and lightning / I see bad times today ~ Bruce Springsteen #lyrics

The dead might as well try to speak to the living as the old to the young. ~ Willa Cather #quote

Manic depression is touching my soul / I know what I want but I just don’t know / How to, go about gettin’ it ~ Jimi Hendrix #lyrics

Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them. ~ Rita Rudner #quotes

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. ~ #Proverb

You’re the last dying breath of love / You’re the weight that I need to lose ~ Culture Club #lyrics

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams #quote

And she smiles the secret smile / Because she knows exactly how / To carry on / So run baby run baby run ~ Sheryl Crow #lyrics

A picture is worth a thousand words. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte #quote

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. ~ Galileo #quote