Friday, 1 February 2013

I'm Just a Soul Whose Intentions are Good

This is the lesson that history teaches: repetition. ~ Gertrude Stein #quote

If you believe everything you read, better not read. ~ Japanese #Proverb

Then you feel so out of place / Lickin’up the arsenic / From the same old lace ~ Aerosmith #lyrics

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. ~ Martin Luther #quote


Little by little we cross the line / Little by little the ties that bind ~ Alice Cooper #lyrics

For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill ~ Sun Tzu #quote

The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing ~ Herodotus #quote

Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good / Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood ~ Animals #lyrics


A sad soul can kill quicker than a germ. ~ John Steinbeck #quote

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~ Gerry Spence #quote

What you want, baby, I got / What you need, you know I got it / All I askin' is for a little respect ~ Aretha Franklin #lyrics

First you jump off the cliff and you build wings on the way down. ~ Ray Bradbury #quote


Scapegoat / Looking for a scapegoat / There's always someone else for you to blame ~ Chumbawamba #lyrics

If you have a crisis, whether on a ship or wherever, there are heroes who rise above it. ~ Jerry Bruckheimer #quote

Like and equal are not the same thing at all! ~ Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time #quote

I didn't get old on purpose, it just happened. If you're lucky, it could happen to you. ~ Andy Rooney #quote

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. ~ Rabindranath Tagore #quote

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. ~ John Steinbeck #quote

A fanatic is a man who consciously over compensates a secret doubt. ~ Aldous Huxley #quote

Ugliness is in a way superior to beauty because it lasts. ~ Serge Gainsbourg #quote


After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box ~ Irish #Proverb

Don't be humble... you're not that great. ~ Golda Meir #quote

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. ~ Will Rogers #quote

In the moment of crisis, the wise build bridges and foolish build dams. ~ Nigerian #Proverb


I will charge thee nothing but the promise that thee will help the next man thee finds in trouble. ~ Mennonite #Proverb

This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him.  ~ William L. Phelps #quote

Eyes that see do not grow old. ~ Nicaraguan #Proverb

Because I could not stop for Death / He kindly stopped for me / The Carriage held but just / Ourselves And Immortality. ~ Emily Dickinson


Without change, something sleeps inside us and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken. ~ Dune (1984) #linesfrommovies

Everything great in the world comes from neurotics. They alone have founded our religions and composed our masterpieces. ~ Marcel Proust #quote

There must be some kind of way out of here / Said the joker to the thief ~ Bob Dylan #lyrics



Toffee
It is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make their appearance in the world. ~  Aristotle #quote

Got what I got the hard way / And I’ll make it better each and every day ~ Blues Brothers #lyrics

Troubles goodbye, troubles goodbye / We been too long together, my troubles and I ~ Gordon Lightfoot #lyrics



The power of love is a curious thing / Make a one man weep, make another man sing ~ Huey Lewis #lyrics

There must be some way out of here / said the joker to the thief / There’s too much confusion / I can’t get no relief ~ Bob Dylan #lyrics

i'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart. ~ e e cummings #quote

A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return. ~ Salman Rushdie #quote

I have climbed to the clouds and I’ve cried out with pain ~ Ian Bairnson (Alan Parsons Project) #lyrics

Fathers are biological necessities, but social accidents. ~ Margaret Mead #quote