Monday, 25 February 2013

You May Say I'm a Dreamer

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. ~ Lewis Carroll #quote

Learn politeness from the impolite. ~ #Proverb from Egypt

God is a concept by which we measure our pain. ~ John Lennon #quote



For all my education, accomplishments, and so called 'wisdom'... I can't fathom my own heart. ~ Michael Caine #quote

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one. ~ John Lennon #lyrics

She got diamonds on the soles of her shoes / Well that’s one way to lose these / Walking blues ~ Paul Simon #lyrics

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson #quote

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand #quote
A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. ~ Henrik Ibsen #quote

You've got to separate the singer and the songs. ~ Van Morrison #quote

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does. ~ L.Carroll, Alice in Wonderland #quote





That’s me in the corner / That’s me in the spotlight / Losing my religion ~ R.E.M. #lyrics

A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man. ~ Archibald MacLeish #quote

I could paint for a hundred years, a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing. ~ Paul Cezanne #quote





The death that will kill a man begins as an appetite. ~ #Proverb from Nigeria

In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. ~ #Proverb from Norway

Aggression unopposed becomes a contagious disease. ~ Jimmy Carter #quote




We have no choice but to be guilty. God is unthinkable if we are innocent. ~ Archibald MacLeish #quote

If it has more than three chords, it's jazz. ~ Lou Reed #quote

She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket. ~ Raymond Chandler #quote

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night. ~ Marilyn Monroe #quote

A million old soldiers will fade away / But a dream goes on forever ~ Todd Rundgren #lyrics

Every man has a sane spot somewhere. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson #quote

Well you don't know what we could find / Why don't you come with me little girl / On a magic carpet ride ~ Steppenwolf #lyrics

Every tear has a smile behind it. ~ #Proverb from Iran




A prudent man does not make the goat his gardener. ~ #Proverb from Hungary

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. ~ Rudyard Kipling #quote

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? ~ George Carlin #quote



A fool and his money are soon elected. ~ Will Rogers #quote

A beautiful thing never gives so much pain as does failing to hear and see it. ~ Michelangelo #quote

Don't insult the alligator until you've crossed the river. ~ #Proverb from Haiti




The witness of a rat is another rat. ~ #Proverb from Ethiopia

You can’t always get what you want / But if you try sometimes, well you might find / You get what you need ~ Rolling Stones #lyrics

You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way. ~ Will Rogers #quote

No one tests the depth of the river with both feet. ~ #Proverb from Ghana

Once I built a railroad, and now it’s done / Buddy, can you spare a dime? ~ E.Y. "Yip" Harburg #lyrics

Mistakes are the portals of discovery. ~ James Joyce #quote

Mediocrity is climbing molehills without sweating. ~ #Proverb from Iceland

He who has done evil, expects evil. ~ #Proverb from Republic of Guinea

Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads / Runnin' down a dream ~ Tom Petty #lyrics