Thursday, 13 June 2013

The Bitterest Tears




Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell. ~ Anonymous #quote

I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything. ~ John Steinbeck #quote








All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions, is called a philosopher. ~ Ambrose Pierce #quote

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~ Honore de Balzac #quote

Nothing is wonderful when you get used to it. ~ Edward W. Howe #quote

Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk. ~ Gebrt David Thoreau #quote





The one who tells the stories rules the world. ~ Hopi Indian #Proverb

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." ~ William S. Burroughs #quote

Everything great in the world comes from neurotics. They alone have founded our religions and composed our masterpieces ~ Marcel Proust #quote

For of all sad words of tongue or pen / The saddest are these: 'It might have been!' ~ John Greenleaf Whittier #quote

Andy: Get busy living, or get busy dying. ~ The Shawshank Redemption #linesfrommovies
Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through. ~ R.D. Laing #quote

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness. ~ Allen Ginsberg #quote

My own brain is to me the most unaccountable of machinery—always buzzing, humming, soaring...and then buried in mud. ~ Virginia Woolf #quote



Avarice, envy, pride / Three fatal sparks, have set the hearts of all / On Fire. ~ Dante Alighieri #quote

I always read the last page of a book first so that if I die before I finish I'll know how it turned out. ~ Nora Ephron #quote

Life eludes logic, and everything that logic alone constructs remains artificial and forced. ~ Andre Gide #quote

We all have within us a center of stillness surrounded by silence. ~ Dag Hammarskjold #quote

The question on long term strategy is not if it is successful, but if you are still alive.  ~ Ron de Jonge #quote



The brighter you are, the more you have to learn. ~ Don Herold #quote

In my youth I stressed freedom & in my old age I stress order. I have made the great discovery that liberty is a product of order. ~ W. Durant #quote

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero #quote

He listens well who takes notes. ~ Dante Alighieri #quote



The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer #quote

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~ Confucius #quote

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. ~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher #quote


The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe #quote 




Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers? ~ Victor Hugo #quote

If we do not maintain Justice, Justice will not maintain us. ~ Francis Bacon #quote

Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language. ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein #quote

It's a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water. ~ Franklin P. Jones #quote


Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world. ~ R.D. Lang #quote

Insults should be well avenged or well endured. ~ Scottish #Proverb

Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World. ~ Christopher Columbus #quote


Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving. ~ Erma Bombeck #quote

We first make our habits, and then our habits make us. ~ John Dryden #quote

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. ~ Sophocles #quote

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees! ~ Emiliano Zapata #quote

Kings are not born: they are made by universal hallucination. ~ George Bernard Shaw #quote

Of all the idiots I have met in my life, and the Lord knows they have not been few or little, I think that I have been the biggest ~ I. Dinesen #quote