Saturday, 27 July 2013

I Love It When Someone Insults Me


In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus #quote

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez #quote

I have dined with kings, I've been offered wings and I've never been too impressed. ~ Bob Dylan #quote



It’s unwise to discount the wants and desires of youth / Their rage is pure / Unclouded by accumulated power and perspective ~ Sigred Philipsen #quote

If your world doesn't allow you to dream, move to one where you can. ~ Billy Idol #quote

Those who love peace must learn to organize as effectively as those who love war. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. #quote

One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition. ~ Alvin Toffler #quote


I love it when someone insults me. That means that I don't have to be nice anymore. ~ Billy Idol #quote

Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. ~ D. Eisenhower #quote

Poets are Damned... but See with the Eyes of Angels. ~ Allen Ginsberg #quote

There is no glory in battle worth the blood it costs. ~ Dwight Eisenhower #quote



Dylan talked copiously, then stopped. 'Somebody's boring me,' he said, 'I think it's me.' ~ Dylan Thomas #quote

Never be lucid, never state, if you would be regarded great. ~ Dylan Thomas #quote

I know the world isn't fair, but why isn't it ever unfair in my favor? ~ Bill Watterson #quote

Though lovers be lost love shall not. ~ Dylan Thomas #quote

All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name. ~ Andre Breton #quote


Can't escape your fate / Can only bend for a while ~ Sigred Philipsen #quote

They sicken of the calm who know the storm. ~ Dorothy Parker #quote

You can't teach an old dogma new tricks. ~ Dorothy Parker #quote

History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances. ~ Donald Creighton #quote

I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. ~ Arthur Hays Sulzberger #quote

Our elections are free, it's in the results where eventually we pay. ~ Bill Stern #quote

There is only a finger's difference between a wise man and a fool. ~ Diogenes of Sinope #quote



This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it. ~ Dorothy Parker #quote

It would be nice if the poor were to get even half of the money that is spent in studying them. ~ Bill Vaughan #quote

The trouble with having a place for everything is how often it gets filled up with everything else. ~ Don Fraser #quote
 



The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~ Ayn Rand #quote

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~ Anais Nin #quote

If I had my life to live over, I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. ~ Don Herold #quote

Either war is obsolete or men are. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller #quote

The trouble with words is that you never know whose mouths they have been in. ~ Dennis Potter #quote

Practically every environmental problem we have can be traced to our addiction to fossil fuels, primarily oil. ~ Dennis Weaver #quote

Death just shouldn't be a taxable event. ~ Dennis Hastert #quote

The main goal of the future is to stop violence. The world is addicted to it. ~ Bill Cosby #quote

It doesn't get better, it doesn't get worse, but it sure gets different! ~ David Lee Roth #quote

Who decided? / What were the justifications used? / Where exactly were these rules dictated? / When was this done? / Why wasn't I consulted? ~ Sigred Philipsen #quote

Existentialism means that no one else can take a bath for you. ~ Delmore Schwartz #quote

Ocean:  A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills. ~ Ambrose Bierce #quote

Without forgiveness, there's no future. ~ Desmond Tutu #quote