Monday, 8 July 2013

I Never Was Someone Who was at Ease with Happiness




Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. ~ Clementine Paddleford #quote

The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions. ~ Claude Levi-Strauss #quote

Despair is the conclusion of fools. ~ Benjamin Disraeli #quote

I don't like giving names to generations. It's like trying to read the song title on a record that's spinning. ~ Ian Williams #quote


I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. ~ Clint Eastwood #quote

Almost everything that is great has been done by youth. ~ Benjamin Disraeli #quote

I'd like to grow very old as slowly as possible. ~ Irene Mayer Selznick #quote



I know nothing of God or the Devil. I have never seen a vision nor learned a secret that would damn or save my soul. ~ Anne Rice #quote

Be still my heart; thou hast known worse than this. ~ Homer #quote

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. ~ Clint Eastwood #quote



Every anarchist is a baffled dictator. ~ Benito Mussolini #quote

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! ~ Homer Simpson #linesfromTV

Everybody has to write out of rage sometimes. ~ Amy Clampitt #quote

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. ~ Clint Eastwood #quote

If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying. ~ Coleman Hawkins #quote

Trouble is, kids feel they have to shock their elders and each generation grows up into something harder to shock. ~ Ben Lindsey #quote

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. ~ Coco Chanel #quote

The more one judges, the less one loves. ~ Honore de Balzac #quote

I got lost but look what I found. ~ Irving Berlin #quote



He who foresees calamities, suffers them twice over. ~ Beilby Porteus #quote

Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment. ~ Horace #quote

I've learned...there are setbacks when you come up against the immovable object; sometimes the object doesn't move. ~ Coleman Young #quote

What is sauce for the goose may be sauce for the gander but is not necessarily sauce for the chicken, the duck, the turkey... ~ Alice B. Toklas #quote



Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World. ~ Christopher Columbus #quote

Pale death, with impartial step, knocks at the hut of the poor and the towers of kings. ~ Horace #quote

Always keep your composure. You can't score from the penalty box; and to win, you have to score. ~ Horace #quote

It is when I struggle to be brief that I become obscure. ~ Horace #quote

I never was someone who was at ease with happiness. ~ Hugh Laurie #quote

I have something to say: it's better to burn out, than to fade away. ~ Clancy Brown #quote

Envy is like a fly that passes all the body's sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores. ~ Arthur Chapman #quote

I am in chains. Don't touch my chains. ~ Franz Kafka #quote

I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humor. ~ Horatio Nelson #quote

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~ Chili Davis #quote

Strengthen me by sympathizing with my strength, not my weakness. ~ Amos Bronson Alcott #quote

No one welcomes chaos, but why crave stability and predictability? ~ Hugh Mackay #quote

Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand. ~ Baruch Spinoza #quote


I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - try to please everybody. ~ Herbert Bayard Swope #quote

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road. ~ Henry Ward Beecher #quote

Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying. ~ Christian Furchtegott Gellert #quote

Deep breaths are very helpful at shallow parties. ~ Barbara Walters #quote

Depth must be hidden. Where? On the surface. ~ Hugo von Hofmannsthal #quote