Saturday, 5 March 2016

A Wheel in His Hand and Four on the Road

Ah, it was a fine night, a warm night, a wine-drinking night, a moony night, and a night to hug your girl and talk and spit and be heaven going.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. ~ Yogi Berra #quote

On soft Spring nights I’ll stand in the yard under the stars – Something good will come out of all things yet – And it will be golden and eternal just like that – There’s no need to say another word.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. ~ Jean de La Fontaine #quote


If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. ~ Lewis Carroll #quote

Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

Map out your future - but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip. ~ Jon Bon Jovi #quote

‘What do you want out of life?’ I asked, and I used to ask that all the time of girls.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. ~ Earl Nightingale #quote


I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. The closer you get to real matter, rock air fire and wood, boy, the more spiritual the world is.
Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

I'm lucky because I have a job I love. I really miss being away from home, being in my own bed, seeing my animals and siblings, having my moms cookies. I have a couple cats. I got a kitten about a year ago and now I'm going on the road so I wont see him for a while. I feel bad. ~ Michelle Branch #quote

It all ends in tears anyway.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

I don’t know, I don’t care, and it doesn’t make any difference.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road. ~ Dag Hammarskjold #quote

The only truth is music.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote


Why do alcoholics begin down the same hazardous road day after day? They are in search of that elusive window of well-being that opens when you drink your way out of a hangover and aren't yet drunk all over again. The alcoholic's day consists of trying to keep that window open. ~ Roger Ebert #quote

It’ll take you eternities to get rid of me,’ she adds sadly, which makes me jealous, I want her to say I’ll never get rid of her – I want to be chased till eternity till I catch her. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

Trying to predict the future is like trying to drive down a country road at night with no lights while looking out the back window. ~ Peter Drucker #quote

My eyes were glued on life and they were full of tears.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote



A person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road. ~ Henry Ward Beecher #quote

All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. ~ Charles Franklin Kettering #quote

I feel guilty for being a member of the human race.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

Loose ladies on the road will drive you crazy, every no, becomes a maybe. ~ Eric Clapton, Hungry #lyrics

When you’ve understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. ~ C. S. Lewis #quote

The empty blue sky of space says ‘All this comes back to me, then goes again, and comes back again, then goes again, and I don’t care, it still belongs to me. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. ~ Buddha #quote

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. ~ Ayn Rand #quote

If you own a rug you own too much.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

He saw that all the struggles of life were incessant, laborious, painful, that nothing was done quickly, without labor, that it had to undergo a thousand fondlings, revisings, moldings, addings, removings, graftings, tearings, correctings, smoothings, rebuildings, reconsiderings, nailings, tackings, chippings, hammerings, hoistings, connectings — all the poor fumbling uncertain incompletions of human endeavor. They went on forever and were forever incomplete, far from perfect, refined, or smooth, full of terrible memories of failure and fears of failure, yet, in the way of things, somehow noble, complete, and shining in the end.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one. ~ Dolly Parton #quote

It always makes me proud to love the world somehow - hate’s so easy compared.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

There's a killer on the road, his brain is squirming like a toad's. ~ The Doors, Riders On The Storm #lyrics

If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime.. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote

When you're on the road and moving city to city, when someone isn't there at the end of the night, you feel empty. ~ Drake #quote

Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH…. ~ Jack Kerouac author of On The Road #quote