Saturday, 26 March 2011

More Faces


  • Nothing encourages creativity like the chance to fall flat on one's face. ~ James D. Finley #quote
  • So I remember ev’ry face / Of ev’ry man who put me here. ~ Bob Dylan #lyrics

  • The fingers of your thoughts are molding your face ceaselessly. ~ Charles Reznikoff #quote
    • The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer. ~ Paula Poundstone #quote
    • This is the mark of a really admirable man: steadfastness in the face of trouble. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven #quote
    • A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. ~ Joseph Conrad #quote
      • What staggers me is not the persistence of illusion, but the persistence of the world in the face of illusion. ~ A.G. Mojtabai #quote
      • At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. ~ Albert Camus #quote
      • I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face ~ Johnny Depp #quote
      • Dare to wear the foolish clown face. ~ Frank Sinatra #quote
      • Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it. ~ Joseph Conrad #quote
      • We walked to the brink and we looked it in the face. ~ John Foster Dulles #quote
      • I concede nothing until they throw dirt on my face. ~ John Monks #quote
      • They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places / To guide us with their mercy, in our time of need. ~ Becky Hobbs #lyrics 
      • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.  Only I will remain. ~ Frank Herbert (Dune) #quote
      • Any idiot can face a crisis; it's this day-to-day living that wears you out. ~ Anton Pavlovich Chekhov #quote
      • What could be more convincing, moreover, than the gesture of laying one's cards face up on the table? ~ Jacques Lacan #quote
      • Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit. ~ E. Gilbert #quote
      • Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.  ~ Soren Kierkegaard #quote
        • The future is an opaque mirror. Anyone who tries to look into it sees nothing but the dim outlines of an old and worried face. ~ Jim Bishop #quote
        • Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, the stars to fill my dreams. ~ Led Zeppelin #lyrics
        • And when man faces destiny, destiny ends and man comes into his own. ~ Andre Malraux #quote